We invite you to post transfusion medicine-related job postings on the MABB web site for free.
Job postings remain online for about 6 months, or until you ask us to remove it. Older posting are archived here
Please email your job postings to email@example.com
. We'll add them to the site within a few days of receipt. If the position was posted on the site in the past, let us know and we'll re-activate it.
The journey begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Medical Technologist II for our Cambridge, MA laboratory.
Days and Hours:
Tuesday - Saturday, from 11pm-7am
Currently we are seeking a Medical Technologist II. As a Medical Technologist II, you will perform the daily activities as described below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must demonstrate proficiency in all principle duties of a Medical Technologist I.
- Proficient in all applicable areas of testing in the department. Proficient in troubleshooting all applicable instruments/procedures in the department.
- Participate in continuing education; present periodic in-service programs.
- Make suggestions for improvements; actively participate in implementation of process improvements.
- Assist with oversight and training of department employees as necessary.
- Perform other duties as needed to assure the timely completion of the work. Education: BS in Medical Technology, Biology or Chemistry or have previously qualified as a Technologist under 42 CFR 493. 1433 published in March 14,1990. If HEW certified, eight years or more in same department. Associates hired after the standardization date, must have a Bachelor of Science/Arts degree. Foreign educated candidates must provide a detailed credential evaluation from IERF (International Education Research Foundation). United States educated candidates must provide a detailed original transcript.
Minimum of 3 years clinical experience with most current year in present department. Must have received a rating of 2 on last two annual performance appraisals.
- Must have the ability to establish work priorities and handle several procedures simultaneously.
- Must interact with other departments.
- Contact with clients may be required, good customer service skills important.
- Must protect patient confidentiality at all times.
- Blood Bank Experience a must.
Key Word Search: medical technology, clinical test, reference laboratory, reporting, test calibration, quality control, reagent testing, instrument, CLIA, ASCP, troubleshoot.
How To Apply
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact candidates to be interviewed
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers’ trust every day by providing the highest quality products and services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Dedicated people improving the health of patients through unsurpassed diagnostic insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
This is an exceptional opportunity for a leader to expand their scope to include various areas of donor services and spearhead implementing new systems.
Are you up for the challenge?
As the supervisor of the blood donor program, you will oversee collections, processing, apheresis, therapeutic phlebotomy and supervision of staff including Blood Donor phlebotomists and Technologists. Being a part of a nationally recognized hospital system provides these unique multidisciplinary specialties.
You will also have the opportunity to expand your program by capitalizing on an already growing environment! The goal is 6,000 units of whole blood collected this year, and 2,400 platelets through apheresis collection. The fixed site has approximately 75-100 donors per week, and the vibrant mobile collections process between 100 - 150 donors per week. We average about 20 mobile sites per month.
You would be responsible for:
- All aspects of the collection of blood products to ensure the safety and compliance of this process, including blood donor apheresis collections
- Strict adherence to system and department compliance policies and any and all applicable laws and regulations
- Supporting compliance with all regulatory agencies including Joint Commission, AABB, FDA, and CAP
- Supervision of approximately 10-12 staff including the fixed site and on the Bloodmobile
What do you need for this position?
- A minimum of five years of experience in blood donor collections, preferably in a large hospital Blood Bank with Blood Donor Services.
- B.S. degree in Medical Technology and certification by ASCP or other recognized laboratory certifying organization.
- Strong organizational and analytic skills are required, as well as excellent communication skills.
Baystate Health is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workforce. EOE/AA
Full time day shift position available; also per diem opportunities for all shifts.
MT(ASCP) or CLS: may also have bachelor’s degree and BB(ASCP) certification
Experience with Meditech Client/Server, preferably version 6.0.
Previous Blood Bank experience that includes: automated gel testing (Provue), manual gel testing, ABO/Rh typing, antibody identification, special antigen typing, compatibility testing, thawing frozen plasma, preparing aliquots for neonates, issuing blood products.
Position involves frequently changing from sitting to standing/walking. Good communication skills.
Apply on line at http://www.steward.org